Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter treats

More than a week late now, but I had pictures on my phone that I took with the sole intent of posting here!

Easter morning, we went to my church.  I am Episcopalian, my husband is Catholic.  Since the outset of our relationship, the deal has been Christmas and Easter at my church, any other services at his.  And since my husband used to work Sundays, it really just meant Christmas at my (parents') church.  But since he changed jobs while we were in India, now he's off Sundays, so I got to bring him with me. 

After church, we came home to cook a bit -- our job was bringing salad and an appetizer, and then I also made Hot Cross Buns, an Easter morning tradition I grew up with, and a carrots-and-dirt type dessert.  Then we packed all that up and went to spend Easter with my godson and his family. 

By way of background, hubby and I rarely cook together, but we've undertaken Easter treats for the last couple years.  Unfortunately I don't have 2013 pictures, but at least I wrote about it (here), and 2014 had pictures, here

Anyway, here we go.  Pictures of some of the goodies we enjoyed on Easter.

Best of all was this nut-free carrot cake that my godson's dad made.  He's an amazing baker and I joked with my husband that this cake was the stuff of fantasies, and that he too would begin dreaming of this guy bringing him cake.  Haha, it really is good though! 


This is the carrots-and-dirt dessert we made.  Pudding on the bottom, then oreos, then frosting with edible grass. 


These are the Hot Cross Buns we made.  Not as good as I remember, but still good:


This is what the carrots and dirt were supposed to look like:


This was a dessert idea we considered and rejected (Easter 2016?):


And this just made me laugh: 

 
So happy (belated) Easter! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing!

    Easter was on my birthday this year - first time in 49 years that has happened to me :) So that made it a dual-day. Kids still got small gifts and Lisa and I gave each other something small ... but mostly it was all about me.

    As it should be ... bwahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is Catholic and I'm Presbyterian - and we just go to ALL the church ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carrots and dirt dessert is so cute! The hot cross buns look amazing too. I have never made them before but now I think I need to.

    ReplyDelete