Friday, March 13, 2015

Zia VIII


I'm an aunt again!  This is Willard, my newest nephew, born either late last night or early this morning.  I got the text at 2:08 a.m., but they are on West Coast time, so that was 12:08, and I don't know how many minutes old he was at that point. 





I was hoping to get to meet him at the beginning of April if we were able to sneak out to San Fran and wine country for a week or so, but unfortunately, my April travel schedule for work is not being cooperative and now I have no idea when I'm going to get to meet him. 

I had some very bad dreams last night (went with my best friend from law school to see my law school boyfriend for some reason (maybe leasing his apartment?) and he was creepy and weird, and then my husband and I were walking down one of the big highways in Dallas and it was very crowded with groups of people, kind of apocolyptic, pigeons doing weird things, and we were trying to get home, we saw two running friends walking as well but we lost them in the crowd as I was kind of hanging on my husband's shoulders as he was steering us through the crowds trying to get us home, and then there were 3 planes really low and one was crashing -- no idea if that means I have some kind of inner turmoil?  I usually don't remember my dreams and when I do, they're just weird, very rarely disturbing).  I woke up and went to the bathroom.  When I came back, I saw the text from my brother and my husband got up to use the bathroom as well.  He seemed to have trouble falling back to sleep, so we talked for a while and I told him some things about my grandpa, Willard. 

The baby is named after my mom's dad.  My husband never got to meet him, he died in 2003, but I told him about how he made the Adirondack chairs on our back porch, how he's the one in a distinctive picture in our hallway, and some other things I remembered about him, the little he told us about when he was at Pearl Harbor and the war began, and the family confusion that surrounded his death (he had drafted a revised will but left it unsigned, causing issues between one of my uncles and his kids).  It was a fun conversation and I'm glad my brother and sister-in-law honored him with their first child.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and welcome to baby Willard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!!! Willard is adorable and I love the name and love that he was named your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your nephew and i hate disturbing dreams and always wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me when i have them.

    ReplyDelete