Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow

Unbelievable!

We got about 3 inches of snow last night (unfortunately, at least some of it is on top of ice because we got a couple hours of freezing rain before the pretty stuff started).

I woke up at 2:30 to go to the bathroom and my husband went after I did.  I had gotten back in bed and he looked out the window and told me there was snow.

I couldn't get it out of my head, so I gave up and got up and looked out.  And then I felt like I had no other choice than to get dressed in sweats, coat, scarf, hat, and gloves and go for a walk around the block.

Yes, all this was between 2:45 and 3 a.m. 

There was one woman out walking her dog and she said she wasn't sure if she should say good morning or good night. 

I loved making my own little set of footprints in the snow before anyone else has done so. 

Needless to say, there was no running with my buddies this morning -- we are certified Texas wimps, and I'm okay with taking a rest day on the 0-4 days per year of weather like this.  Mad props to everyone who deals with it all winter long ...





4 comments:

  1. (ugh, Blogger ate my comment ... I thought that was Wordpress's job!)

    I love those pictures! It is funny that you got up and went out in that weather - shows the difference, right?

    I see those pictures of fresh snow, and the just sub-freezing temps you guys are having ... and it makes me want to go out for a run! (of course, you have to contrast with our winter ... )

    Hope you guys don't have much driving today - know it was a mess last time, and when you don't experience snow-driving much it makes sense that people would get crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you got 3 inches of snow! I think we got 4, so you almost got as much as we did! I do think there is something so peaceful about being out in fresh snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have done the same - I haven't seen snow in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't imagine how strange it must be to see that sight. It's so beautiful when it first falls. This winter pushed me over the edge though. I'm on a two year plan to move to a warmer climate. I could handle a few inches a couple times a year. Texas better warm up. I'll be there in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete