If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
2. What is your opinion on social media’s impact on our society? Does it make life better or worse? Tough question! I think it's had a huge impact, both positive and negative. Overall, I think it makes life better, which is an odd answer for me since I've basically gone off Facebook this year (and I was never into any of the other stuff). I think it makes people less isolated in ways and it keeps you in touch with people more easily, particularly for someone like me who doesn't live in the same state as family and has friends from undergrad and law school all over the country. But obviously, since I'm off it, I think there are plenty of negative aspects.
3. Do you believe that it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met in person? No. Strong connection, but I think there's more to falling in love that can't be done over the phone or a computer. Physical attraction, chemistry, PDAs, etc., all that is part of love too. But I actually think it's cool that people meet online and can figure out if they line up in non-physical ways first, which prevents the "you're hot and I want you" from taking over.
4. Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? Ugh. Neither really. Online for everything other than clothes or furniture or mattresses or groceries.
5. What blogging platform do you use? (WordPress, Blogger, something else?) Blogger.
6. Have you ever blogged for another site? Would you? No. I was supposed to do a guest post for a local running/beer drinking group, but I didn't get around to it.
7. Do you use services like Netflix and Hulu? We have had Netflix for years and right now my husband is watching Fringe on it, so he's hooked, but in general we don't use it too often. I don't really know what Hulu is (I'm getting so old!). We DVR most stuff on tv that we want to watch.
8. Would you prefer to get blog comments or to interact on twitter? Umm, blog comments since I'm not a Twitter person.
9. Do you prefer to read books or e-books? Books, particularly since you can't have electronic devices on the plane during the -3/+8 window. That's usually when I do most of my reading! On planes, I tend to use my laptop and do work when we can have electronic devices on. Plus, when I read at home, I like falling asleep with my book.
10. Share at least one experience that you would not have had without being a blog author. I feel like I've gotten a lot of feedback and suggestions related to running and life that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new this week. Happy Monday