Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wasted Time

Many days without seeing my husband, inbox and voicemail at work filling up, eating unhealthy restaurant food in an unfamiliar city ... and all for what?  For a chance to get hammered in court?  Ugh.  Lucky me. 

Of course the ultimate award that was issued could have been worse (I suppose any award could be worse, you can always just add a zero on the end!), but it wasn't great. 

And this means I have to tell my boss about it. 

I have no fear that I'll be in trouble or anything, I certainly couldn't have changed anything.  And our defense counsel did a good job.  It was just bad facts and bad records retention.  And then just luck of the draw on who was issuing the award -- they certainly could have been neutral or predisposed in our direction, but they were most assuredly not. 

And so now, all these "sacrifices" on my part, and it all feels like it was for nothing.

If I'm gone for days, backlogged with regular work, eating unhealthy in a new city AND we win, then it's all worth it.

But right now, with our @sses handed to us, I feel very blah.  Ready to go home and have life get back to normal.

One upside though was that I got to go out with my former peer advisor from law school, whom I hadn't seen in more than 10 years, and get caught up with him.  We stayed out way too late, and drank way too much, but it was so much fun.  He and his family might be coming to Dallas in the next year, so hopefully I'll get to see him again.  I know my husband will think he's a riot. 

Oh, and when we went out, we went to such a fun place -- Continental in downtown Philly.  Not healthy really, but so, so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment