Monday, November 12, 2012

FMM: Fridge

The chaos of my current life continues, but if I can just get to Philly in a few hours and then back to Dallas tomorrow, things will get back to normal.

This weekend marked the completion of marathon number 16 I think?  I should do an accurate count.  I think it was my fourth time running the marathon in San Antonio.  It was far from my fastest (about 45 minutes slower in fact), but it wasn't a big deal to me.  First, the weather wasn't great.  It was low 70s at the start, mid-80s at the finish, and sunny for most of the race.  Ugh.  But really, even if the weather had been good, taking off from running for a month while on vacation in China meant that I wasn't going to be setting any records anyway.  Third and finally, I ran most of the race with friends.  The first 10 miles with my local bestie, then the last 7 miles with someone I casually know here in Dallas who has the most amazing life story -- a marathoner for charity for years, head-on collision with a drunk driver 2.5 years ago on his way to come meet our running group early one Sunday morning, and now back to running marathons, gradually building up speed.  This was his second race post-accident, and sharing his company was lovely.  By that point in the race, he was mostly doing walk-run, and so I suppose technically, I might have been a bit faster if we hadn't run together, but my time only slowed by at most a few minutes, and having the company made it roughly one billion times more fun.  So lucky I saw him! 

Since it's Monday and I'm at my desk and about to leave town again, figured I'd do a topic where I don't have to think -- Friend Making Monday!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

What’s in Your Fridge?

1. List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge.  Spinach, bananas (not mine), blueberries (mostly not mine), apples, soy and regular (not mine) milk, cold water.

2. What kind of milk do you drink?  Fat-free plain soy milk. 

3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables?  We usually eat fresh and I prefer that.

4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge?  Diet A&W, vodka, V8 splash (whatever the sugar-free version is called), bottled water, sparkling water, beer, various energy drinks (freebies from races, untouched for over a year), soy milk, regular milk, white wine, light grape juice. 

5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator?  About twice a year?  I don't know really.  We usually keep stuff in there until we eat it or it's bad, usually the former.  Actually scrubbing shelves happens very rarely.

6. What’s the healthiest thing in it right now?  Veggies and fruit.

7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now?  Alcohol, which we keep in there mostly for entertaining, except the wine, which I think my husband drinks most nights, but not all.

8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? Grapes.  Hubby grocery shops on Wednesdays so it is getting bare.

9. How often do you shop for groceries?  My husband shops (lucky me!), and he goes to two different stores on two different days each week. 

10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now?  There is a bag right in front with some kind of red peppers that look very spicy.  As I've been out of town most of the last week (heck, most of the last 6 weeks), I have no idea why he bought them, what he's used/using them for, or what they're called.  

Bonus: If you could choose one thing to put in the fridge and make it calorie-free what would it be? Cheese.

Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to answer the questions and come back to post a link in the comments section! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I hope things slow down for you and get back to normal soon.

    I couldn't agree more about the cheese!!

    ReplyDelete