Monday, December 5, 2011

FMM: I AM...

I'm going to have to do a long post soon about our local marathon yesterday (best described as buckets of cold rain), my relay team, and my attempt to host a post-race party (let's say "fail"). 

But today, I just want to write something and then focus on my work.  Why I don't just work, I can't say -- mabye a blog post will let me focus on something else for a while, then I can put my whole mind into work.

Enter ready-made topic!  Friend-Making Mondays. 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: I am…

1. I am good at… proof-reading (though this blog is not a good example), committing to plans that I make (exercise-wise, socially, whatever, I'm very reliable). 

2. I am happy when… I feel like my life is in balance -- filling my days with interesting and somewhat-frantic work; exercising -- ideally running, lifting and yoga, sometimes all three in one day; eating food that I enjoy; spending time with family and friends.  I feel like happy is my word of the year this year -- mostly because of my job change this year.  What a difference those 50ish hours per week make! 
3. I am working on…learning to speak a bit of Chinese, and running (or jogging) while wearing weights. 
4. I am interested in…traveling primarily! 
5. I am always… aware of when and where our next big vacation will be. 
6. I am enjoying… getting ready for Christmas.  Need more time, but I still enjoy it. 
7. I am in… love with a husband who is sweeter to me than I deserve. 
8. I am reading… lots of things:  Traffic:  Why We Drive the Way We Do; Eclipse (Twilight series); and Ursula Under. 
9. I am concerned about… my March marathon plans and how I will be prepared to run my first marathon while carrying weight. 
10. I am looking forward to… it all!  From an awesome dinner this weekend, to holiday baking next weekend, to going home for Christmas, to coming back to Dallas for an exciting 2012. 
Now it’s your turn! If you answer, post a link to your responses on the alltheweigh.com blog.  Now back to work for me! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what inspired the Chinese? Are you learning Mandarin or Cantonese?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to learn a little bit of Mandarin, mostly because I'd like to run the Beijing marathon and then spend a couple weeks vacationing in China in Fall 2012 (but unfortunately they haven't published the marathon date yet, which makes planning a little tough and nerve-wracking since it's now only about 10 months away...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again our answers synch up...I also answered with travel and being in love with my husband! LOL Learning Chinese in preparation for your trip sounds like a wise idea. And very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a positive post! I think it's so cool that you're learning Chinese.

    ReplyDelete