Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bachelorette Bash of the Year 2

One of the blogs I read regularly, NewlyWed, NewlyVeg (though it's changed names since she's no longer newlywed or veg, I like the old one and the link works) posted a few days ago about how she's getting ready to head out for a bachelorette party, and this quote struck me:  "There’s just something special about a bachelorette party weekend—a certain magic that only penis straws and “bride-to-be” sashes can conjure up."  Indeed!  Since my middle little brother's wedding is now less than two weeks away, and the bachelorette party was nearly a month ago already, I figured it was high time I finally get together a few bachelorette party pictures to capture the weekend.

It's hard to express how excited I am that this woman will soon be my sister.  My younger brother is 28 and they've actually been dating since they were 19 or 20.  And since I'm really close to this brother and she gets along with everyone so well, I feel like she's been in my family forever.  I even feel like I know her family pretty well, which is how I always imagined it would be when one of my brothers got married. 

I have gotten to spend so much time with her, and I've loved travelling with her.  One year we were in Seattle and Portland together (family wedding), one year we were in upstate New York together (while my brother, her boyfriend, was playing professional ball there), one year we hung out together in Germany and Paris (she and my bro studied abroad together and I went to visit), she's been to Dallas numerous times, she of course was in Italy with me for my wedding, and there has been tons of time hanging out together in Chicago and various places in Wisconsin where she has lived or various people in my family have lived. 

She's going to be a beautiful bride, and more importantly, a beautiful match for my brother. 

She wanted to do her bachelorette party in Miami, but she's a real people-pleaser and she didn't want to burden a couple strapped bridesmaids, so she chose Lake Geneva instead.  Midway between Milwaukee and Chicago, and one of the cool things about it was that we just got a single hotel room, dual level with 3 beds and 2 bathrooms, so we were able to all stay together. 

The weekend entailed lots of time at bars, hanging out at the hotel, and walking around the town.  Yet somehow, looking at my photos, it appears we were primarily at bars! 

The bride with "Pretty Boy Mike" (it even said that on his business card):

The bride with Megan, one of her friends from high school?  college?  not sure.  Another bridesmaid: 

Making random friends at a bar:

A bar where the drinks were really really strong (see Megan's face):

Her maid of honor inflating the bride's date for the evening:

Pin the torpedo on the sailor game...:

Bridesmaid uncorking some champagne:

The bride getting to know Frank, her date for the night:

 Maid of honor affixing the bachelorette tiara:

Bride opening some "honeymoon" gifts:




Getting ready to head out for an evening on the town, with Frank of course, and random guys:

The bride's mom came down to join us for dinner one night, which was so sweet:

Maid of honor, double fisted:

The bride, being such a good sport about being stuck with Frank:

At another bar, trying to make me dance while I was trying to capture the evening on film:

And of course there were penis straws, as with many bachelorette parties sadly enough.  Makes for some funny pictures though: 

Coincidentally, there was a bachelor party at the same bar we were at one night, this was the bachelor.  Originally from Vegas and getting married there, but he and his fiancee live in Chicago, so his bachelor party was near there. 

Classic buzzed bride dance move.  She has a very amusing drunk personality!

With a whole bunch of guys from the bachelor party, including one wearing the pig-head that they passed among them for most of the night:

More of the bridge being a good sport, handcuffed to various guys during the course of the night: 

Bride dancing:

And at the end of the night, Frank had company.  These girls were able to sleep anywhere.  Oh to be so young again! 

Oh, and did I mention we were at the lake?  It was so pretty!  Lake Geneva: 

Pool time:

Weird guy who was talking to us while we hung at the pool -- he kind of looked like something was wrong with his abs or his back, like you could just bend him in half like a sandwich or something:

One of the bride's former co-workers was wearing a sequined bikini top and this little guy was fascinated by it -- so much so that he reached out and felt her up at one point! 

So there you have it, my second 2011 family addition's bachelorette party.  Wedding is in just under two weeks so I will be sure to post about that!  So happy to be adding another wonderful sister to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment