Thursday, September 22, 2016

Melty

I meant to write this post about six months ago.  I actually saved the photo as a draft post. 


As I mentioned back in April, my cousin (John) and his wife were in Dallas while their son was having surgery here. 


My cousin said something to me that my husband had told him that he'd take care of something my cousin needed, and my cousin said something about what a good guy my husband is.  Not news to me, but sweet. 


But the next morning after that conversation, for whatever reason, I looked at my husband's text messages.  I think I couldn't find my phone and I was going to text something to my cousin about when we'd be by the hospital that day. 


And I looked at just what was on the screen of existing texts between my husband and my cousin:



And it made me feel all melty inside.  Having my cousin and family around and staying with us for an extended period of time could have irritated some people, but my husband is so easy going, and outright generous with his time, his heart, his resources, his skills, pretty much everything.  I love so much that he is so good to my family.  I think he's the sweetest guy in the world. 

3 comments:

  1. Awww! This made me smile reading this! It's the little, daily things like this that show you a person's real character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much. It's been a very heavy news week. It's nice to see something genuinely good and kind.

    ReplyDelete