Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Current Project

Searching for my next ride...


My criteria were convertible or Maserati (I think the only non-convertible car I like), and hard top. 


Features I really, really want are some trunk space, a blue car, a back-up camera and parking sensors, somewhere to plug in my phone, and perhaps most important of all, auto-on headlights.  I'm so jealous when I'm behind a car and we drive under an underpass and I see their lights flick on.  They're just so ... safe! 


These appear to be the top contenders at this point:





But then last night, I saw this (a few hours ahead of a predicted hail storm that never happened, so all the cars were crammed inside).



I thought it was my dream car.  Blue.  Convertible.  Back-up camera.  CD player.  Auto-on headlights.  I was ready to say "sign me up!". 

Then I saw this:


Sigh.  Anything over a quarter million just isn't in my price range.  I was wondering if they'd make a deal where I could pay $60 per month for the rest of my life.  In reality, assuming I live to be 100, I think I'd need to pay about $350 per month forever to pay this one off.  But it was very pretty, and I was glad it was protected inside the dealership (and glad that the measly Maserati I like was outside under a covering and there wasn't any local hail, so it's fine). 

Hoping to go do a bit more driving tonight, and maybe have a new car in a few days! 


4 comments:

  1. Wow ... $250+k?!?! Insane for a car!

    Of course it really just isn't so important to me to have the things that add that kind of cost. I just got my new car at the end of last year (and Lisa got hers last summer). We still need space for 4 (and a back seat to fit our two 6' 3"+ sons), room to transport stuff (like moving them back & forth from college). We wanted 4WD due to the weather and a car made to work in the regularly sub-zero temperatures we get 1/3 of the year. The Subarus really work well for us. And things like backup camera are really wonderful.

    Good luck with the test drives and look forward to seeing the end result :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From watching 1000 episodes of Top Gear, I have learned that Italians really know their way around auto design (ferrari F12?? SWOON). In my mind, nobdoy beats them. So, I vote for the maserati!! And honestly, the Tesla's feel almost Italian-designed to me. But, you probably want the ability to drive more than 200 miles at a time. Haha. I'm excited for you! I think all the ones you listed would be great new cars. Good luck and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine who's buying that car?! My next car will be a small SUV to fit my big dog in the back, and they're all so ugly! I love my little VW Golf so much and hate to get rid of it for something that isn't as cute, but I know it's going to happen in the next year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out what you are driving. They all look like fun! But wow I cannot imagine spending more than what I paid for my house on a vehicle. I would be scared to drive it!!

    ReplyDelete