My stepson is home with us for another few days and he cooked dinner Friday night -- very good. The main dish, however, was fish, which I can't eat. So it was really more dinner cooked for my husband, which he loved. And my stepson made tons of roasted vegetables that were for me.
Saturday was a low-key day. Hubby was on a cleaning tear and picked up lots of clutter and even did some garage floor cleaning. Wow! We went out to eat and generally spent a lot of time around the house. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I got promoted a few weeks ago. One of the attorneys I hire regularly for cases in Pennsylvania sent me some personalized M&Ms. My name on half of them, my new title on the other half. I made "promotion cookies" but one sheet resulted in disaster. Yikes!!! I couldn't even tell you what happened, I think I was using one hand it was just off balance. No burns, and fortunately just one sheet was lost.
Sunday was another race -- a half marathon this time. Did I mention that my schedule has races 6 weekends in a row, then one weekend off, then one more race? It will be a total of four 5ks, 2 half marathons, and one 4 mile race. I'm hoping there will be a PR at the 4 mile race as well. The half was pretty small, but I almost ran the plan, which was nice. The plan was to go out at my goal marathon pace for the first half, and then pick it up after the u-turn. At the u-turn, I was a total of about 30 seconds ahead of marathon pace, and then on the second half, I was only about another 30 seconds total faster on the way back (over 6.5 miles, that's really not much), but the thrilling and unexpected results were a PR by 30 seconds and an AG award!!! My prior half PR had been in place since 2010. This race was only on average 10 seconds per mile faster than my goal marathon pace, but for right now, I'll take it!
And now, Monday again. Highlights this week are that the summer series of 6 weeks of evening track meets begins tomorrow, and I will be competing in my first ever beer mile on Thursday night. Let's hope for no vomit.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Questions and Answers
1. Do you use coupons? No. I'm sure I have before, but not with any regularity.
2. How often do you weigh yourself? I would say most mornings, and for the last couple years, I usually write it down on the first of the month. But for the last decade plus, I've always recorded my weight on both my birthday (late summer) and on New Year's Day, just so I can see the big picture.
3. What was your favorite TV show as a kid? I loved Facts of Life. I wanted to be like Blair but always thought I was a bit more like Jo.
4. How often do you drink alcohol? Right now, I'd say about twice a month, but that is probably (hopefully) going to go down next week when marathon training officially begins. I really want to buckle down this season. At most alcohol once a month, and then only a couple glasses. But this week has the beer mile, so that is 4 beers in one night, likely all within 10 minutes? 15? 20? I have no idea how long it will take. Ugh. Maybe vomit would be good in that case... And I'll also have wine at book club this coming Sunday, but that is looking like the last hurrah for me.
5. Have you ever met a celebrity or public figure that you really admire? Yes, thought I wouldn't say that I "really admire" most celebrities. A few that come to mind -- Sandra Day O'Connor, Meb Keflezighi, and Dean Karnazes, who I got to run with (with pictures) and posted about here.
6. If you had to choose between only your cell phone or only your laptop all week which would you choose? Hmm, since my laptop is my work computer, I'd have to choose the laptop, otherwise I'd be out of a job! But on vacation or something, I'd choose my cell phone.
7. What is your favorite brand of detergent? Laundry? I think we use liquid Tide.
8. If there was a movie about your life, who would play the role? My husband thinks Gillian Anderson is the celebrity who most resembles me -- more like this picture than something more recent.
9. What book are you currently reading? I am reading Lean In (I think I'm on page 75 or so) -- I want to know what it's all about and think I'd recommend that most people read it (at least most educated professionals), whether you agree or not. Very thought provoking. Though as someone who does not intend to have kids and pretty much insists on equal shares of household labor with my husband, perhaps I'm not the person who most needs to read this.
10. If you could spend one day on vacation anywhere in the world, which place would you choose? Today, I think I would choose the Seychelles. I feel kind of beachy, but I'd prefer something infinitely more exotic than the Caribbean.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new! Happy Monday!