But right now, instead of writing about all of it, I just want questions already written for me, where all I need to do is answer them... enter Friend Making Mondays.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Pondering Personal Thoughts1. How old would you feel if you didn’t know how old you are? I would guess about 30? 32? If you'd asked me a week ago, I would have said in my mid to upper 20s, but when you actually go out and drink with kids that age, you're quickly reminded of your real age! So now I don't feel that young anymore. I'm totally wiped out by about midnight, and my alcohol tolerance (and food tolerance) seems to have changed markedly. And cute high heels just aren't worth it if I'm going to be on my feet all day/night.
2. Are you the kind of friend you’d want to have as a friend? I think so. The women who were in my wedding are among my best friends ever -- one lives in Virginia and has been in my life for more than a decade, one asked me to be the godmother of her son, one is such a good friend that I followed in her steps career-wise, one is in DC now but feels like my sister, and one here is undescribable -- so much fun to be with, perhaps one of the most fun people in the world! So I guess they think I'm okay! Good things about me as a friend -- I'm loyal, reliable, a planner, and I think a good listener.
3. Look back at the last year. When did you feel most excited about something in your life? When we landed in China (October 2012). There is a special feeling you get when you go somewhere totally foreign. I don't seem to get that feeling anymore in Western Europe, as much as I love going there. But somewhere that is so totally different, where you're basically illiterate and you stand out like a sore thumb and you have no idea where to begin, I think it's the most excitement there is.
4. Have you ever been with someone and not spoken a word, only to walk away thinking that was the best conversation ever? Best conversation ever? I guess with that standard, I'd say no.
5. If you won 100 million dollars Monday, would you continue doing whatever you usually do on Tuesdays? Well, I definitely think I'd meet my running buddies for a morning run as I always do. I don't know what it would take for me to skip that, which is why we have such a good group -- I don't think anyone else would bail either. Even though I totally love my job, I kind of doubt I'd keep working. I love being with my husband and traveling so much that I couldn't justify spending my days at the office. But knowing me, I'd probably go in for at least a couple weeks to kind of transition my cases to someone else, or until they found a replacement for me.
6. What would you do differently if you knew no one would judge you? Hmm, tough question. I might have to come back and supplement this. Right now, the only thing I can think of is probably skipping a shower and just staying in workout clothes many days, including at the office. On the days I run to work, I'd love to be able to just sit down in my gym clothes and get to work.
7. Share something you do differently than most people. I run to and from work more than half the time! If most people did that, I think the world would be a very different place. People would live nearer their offices, there would be less use of gas, there would be fewer traffic fatalities, people would be healthier (and happier I think!).
8. What’s one thing that you really want to do that you’ve never done? Argue a case before the Supreme Court. And it seems it will never happen -- in-house attorneys don't do that. But losing out on that dream is totally worth it to have a job I like so much.
9. If you had to move out of state right now, where would you move? Calabria, Italy! Though I think there are many places we could be happy.
10. What is the one thing that you’d like to change most about the world? I would like everyone to have water, food, education and happiness.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Have a happy Monday, friends!