Friday, January 20, 2012

All before 10 a.m.

I think I mentioned at the end of August that I was going to start working from home on Fridays.  There have been several weeks it hasn't completely worked out and I've had to go into the office -- either for a meeting or because of internet issues at home.

But we finally got new internet service this week and it's so much better.  So today I'm taking full advantage and basically have had my dream morning.

We got up as always and went to boot camp.  I wake up at 5 to be there and ready to work out at 5:30.  Hubby takes way longer to get ready so he gets up at 4:15. 

Since he's off today, we got to ride together to camp.  Good class, solid workout, not as much running as I usually like, but good.

Class ended at 6:30 and we came home to reorganize a little.  I got my computer set up, pulled up the documents I'll likely use today, checked emails, etc.  And I reorganized a little too.

We were back out the door by 7:10 and at the yoga studio by 7:20 for the 7:30 class.  And it was a small class (guess most people can't be finishing yoga at 9 on a weekday), so there was lots of personal attention.  I've had a couple experiences where I've felt some pain in my left calf on a couple standing postures, so the instructor paid special attention to make sure I was doing it correctly.  Hubby is only on his third class, so he was also given some guidance, and it was his best class ever.  He's really improving (in some ways that means trying to do less, but doing it better, before he was trying to be like one of those class stars instead of building a solid foundation, but he's getting it now). 

At 9:00, class was done, and we were back home and I was sitting down to work by 9:30.  Ahh, what a lovely Friday!  I'm going to have to make myself shower at some point, since I'm volunteering at lunch today to help with a local race that benefits an animal shelter, but until then, I can just work and relax.  I like my job so much! 

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to start your day. I love the freedom that comes from working from home, as long as you can be disciplined enough to make sure to actually get the work done. But I know you will. I, on the other hand, get really distracted sometimes. (One summer I had a fellowship position where I could work from home and I spent too much time enjoying the freedom and not enough time working. Probably because the work was sort of boring and I knew I could do it in 2 hours, so I always put it off).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like heaven! I work from home on Fridays about half the time and I love it.

    ReplyDelete